Scenic Specialties Landscape Professionals is seeking a dedicated and motivated individual to become part of our Landscape Installation team. Become part of our reputable and growing company, with opportunity for advancement and appreciation for hard work and quality performance.
This position involves landscaping or maintaining grounds of property using hand or power tools or equipment. Workers typically perform a variety of tasks, which may include any combination of the following but not limited to: sod laying, mowing, trimming, planting, watering, fertilizing, digging, raking, sprinkler installation, and assist with installation of segmental retaining wall units, paver patios, water features, low voltage lighting & pergolas.
- Mowing, trimming, blowing debris from surfaces during a typical (10-12) hour day
- Must be able to obtain a medical DOT health card
- Valid driver’s license required with a clean driving record
- Reliable transportation required
- Proficient in the operating lawn, landscape and snow removal equipment
- Strong leadership abilities, sound decision-making ability, and proficiency with all types of lawn care equipment
- Assist with loading the truck with the equipment, tools and materials required for the days project and ensuring that the load is secure to prevent loss or damages
- Cut lawns using hand and power mowers
- Remove grass clippings from sidewalks, weed lawns
- Assist with the installation of landscape edging and fabric
- Rake, blow and bag leaves
- Trim/edge lawns and flower beds using clippers, weed cutters and edging tools
- Spread mulch & rock using wheelbarrows and shovels pull weeds in shrub beds
- Assist with the removal/demolition of existing landscaping in preparation for installation of new landscaping
- Assist with the installation of landscape material such as sod, sprinklers, perennials, grasses, shrubs, trees, pavers, retaining walls, flagstone, and boulders
- Operate a variety of hand or power tools and equipment
- Operate vehicles, such as dump trucks and truck and trailer combinations
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment, including worksite, equipment, and vehicles
- Works as a member of the team
- Unloads debris, shrubs, soil, and rock in designated areas, place equipment, tools, and unused materials in the proper storage area, gas vehicle, cover equipment, materials and tools remaining on the vehicle and/or trailer, park truck and put vehicle keys in the designated area
- May be required to participate in snow clearing activities during the winter months
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in the landscaping field is desired, a high school degree or GED is preferred
- Knowledge of the English Language is desired to communicate with co-workers and the supervisor
Job Site Conditions
The job site conditions described below are examples of those conditions an employee encounters while performing the essential responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather (heat or cold), and moving mechanical equipment. In addition, job sites are located on both residential and commercial property. The employee may also occasionally be exposed to the homeowner’s pets.
The employee will work closely with other members of the team and team supervisor.
- Wage to be determined
- Seasonal Full Time – 40+ hours per week
Job Type: Full-time