Proper licensing and planning is a must when it comes to lakeshore renovation. Scenic Specialties has worked hard over the years to perfect our processes to ensure proper restoration of your lakeshore.
Balancing lakeshore best practices, being apprised of new rules and regulations, and the owner’s end goal / vision.
When hiring Scenic Specialties, our landscape professionals will work with local agencies to obtain all necessary permits and licenses needed. Our designers will utilize their extensive knowledge of landscape design and environmental impact to provide you with the best design for your lake property.
Proper Lakeshore Landscaping Process
- Contact a designer at Scenic Specialties Landscape Professionals, your licensed and certified lakeshore landscape contractor, to set a date for a landscape consultation.
- Meet on-site to discuss your project goals for your lake property. A designer will inform you of the basic rules and regulations of lakeshore landscaping and determine whether the project will require a permit.
- A more in-depth lakeshore project requiring a permit will most likely draw the need of an inspection by a representative from Environmental Services before and after the project. Lakeshore property owners may consult with Scenic Specialties for the coordination of site visits and application of proper permits.
- Should a Major Shoreline Alteration Permit be required and sent to a county board hearing, Scenic Specialties may be consulted as a representative of the homeowner and property associated.
- A professional landscape design will be drafted in accordance with the terms of the Lakeshore Alteration Permit. Our proposal will include all of the details associated with the design and permit to create a beautiful and environmentally safe landscape for your Lake Home or Cabin.
- Scenic Specialties Landscape Professionals will use our experience in lakeshore landscaping to ensure the project is installed in accordance to county requirements. The health and impact of the lake will be held in the highest regard throughout the entirety of the project.
You have been saving a long time to purchase your lake place, now it’s time to make it exactly what you want, and bring your dreams to reality. Let’s make the shoreline easily accessible with a stroll to the boat that will wow your guests. Enjoy the walk to your dock on a beautiful paver walkway leading through a boulder retaining wall. Fully utilize the scenery on a paver patio overlooking the lake at sunset. Additional items such as sitting walls or a fire pit create even more usable space at the lake’s edge.
If you plan on using your cabin to do a lot of entertaining, let us help make it functional and fun for guests! No lake cabin is complete without a beautiful patio (Link to page) to enjoy the view, and a fire pit to relax by. Every cabin needs a grill, but why stop there? Want an outdoor patio paver pizza oven? We can do that. Want a hot tub built into your patio? We can do that. Want a specialty paver barbeque pit built into your patio, we can do that. Let us know your dream so we can make it happen!
Lighting sets the mood. Without the proper lighting design, the lakeshore landscaping just would not be complete. Scenic Specialties has expert designers that can help set the mood with low voltage lighting.