Proper licensing and planning is a must when it comes to lakeshore renovation. Scenic Specialties has worked hard over the years to perfect our processes to ensure proper restoration of your lakeshore.
Balancing lakeshore best practices, being apprised of new rules and regulations, and the owner’s end goal / vision.
When hiring Scenic Specialties, our landscape professionals will work with local agencies to obtain all necessary permits and licenses needed. Our designers will utilize their extensive knowledge of landscape design and environmental impact to provide you with the best design for your lake property.
Proper Lakeshore Landscaping Process
- Contact a designer at Scenic Specialties Landscape Professionals, your licensed and certified lakeshore landscape contractor, to set a date for a landscape consultation.
- Meet on site to discuss your project goals for your lake property. A designer will inform you of the basic rules and regulations of lakeshore landscaping and determine whether the project will require a permit.
- A more in-depth lakeshore project requiring a permit will most likely draw the need of an inspection by a representative from Environmental Services before and after the project. Lakeshore property owners may consult with Scenic Specialties for the coordination of site visits and application of proper permits.
- Should a Major Shoreline Alteration Permit be required and sent to a county board hearing, Scenic Specialties may be consulted as a representative of the homeowner and property associated.
- A professional landscape design will be drafted in accordance with the terms of the Lakeshore Alteration Permit. Our proposal will include all of the details associated with the design and permit to create a beautiful and environmentally safe landscape for your Lake Home or Cabin.
- Scenic Specialties Landscape Professionals will use our experience in lakeshore landscaping to ensure the project is installed in accordance to county requirements. The health and impact of the lake will be held in highest regard throughout the entirety of the project.